Friday, January 22, 2010

my experience in community

On the Mozilla Community lecture, Mike take about the IRC. I happen to have a similar experience like that. I am a technical member in a Flash group on QQ (an instance messenger from China which has a function called group similar as channel in IRC). I entered that group because I wanted to learn something about flash. At first, I was a beginner of flash, but now, I am already a technical member responsible to answer people's questions. I can say I have learned a lot when I ask questions and answer people's questions. Therefore, I have confidence with getting into a open source channel in IRC and I am going to learn a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I was in the IRC channel for firefox tonight and was watching how things work in there. The amount that you can learn from even just watching and observing the discussions is extraordinary, and being able to contribute and help people would be nice, since you'd be returning the favour that others had done for you in the beginning. That is interesting you are now a 'Flash pro' lol, I did a Flash course last semester and it'd be a really nice addition on any website.

    ReplyDelete