Friday, January 15, 2010

my thought of "Revolution OS"

When I was watching the video, I was thinking about why there are so many people using Windows rather than Linux. I look arround my friends and myself who like to play games. Obviously, Windows is the only choice for us. Although I could play warcraft 3 on Linux by using wine, but we all know that the performance of that is not that good, and it is difficult to the beginner. Why there is not a good-looking game on Linux? Why EA games don't run on Linux? I think none of a game company will open their source code. Second, I like the way how Linux work - programmer are available to modify the source code, to fix a bug and so on. But it is not easy to find a program and install it sometimes. Rather than that, I like the way how windows work - double click, next, next and finish.
Bazaar brings us the freedom and free software, and Cathedral represent convenience. Freedom is good, but I don't need the code of the software in my daily life. Thereforce, for now Windows is still my first OS choice and I will keep using the opensource software.

No comments:

Post a Comment