Friday, January 29, 2010

Project plan initialization

This post is about to tell you my work on Processing.js project.

Processing.js

Processing.js is a open source project from processing which in an open source programming language that allow users to program images, animations, or interactions. And Processing.js is a project that inherits all the features of Processing.
Honestly, I am big fan of Flash web application, but I hate the performance of Flash especially when it is running with 3D things. Also, always requiring to install a latest version is a big problem. Therefore, it is amazing for me to see those examples of processing.js. Draw directly to the web page is unbelievable, and it also supports webGL. This is the dream of any programmer.

Where I am

This is my official blog for this project. It is welcome to follow me to received further information as I proceed.
Also, all the code I have done can be traced on google code/osd600.

Release 0.1

Asalga suggested me to pick text() which is already exist. However, we still have a lot of work to do on that until it becomes a member of 3d family. The first thing I do on this will be the comparison of the 2d text() syntax between the processing code and processing.js code.

Release 0.2 and 0.3

Once I done the Release 0.1, I will keep going to the 3d text(). It is difficult to say the detail, but I will post it once it is clear to me.

Things need to learn

Processing source code and OpenGL API - expect to understand why there are OpenGL API calls in the processing source code, and how they were used
WebGL API - this is where the core is
asalga's blog and annasob's blog - see what they have done

Barriers

  • English problem. Oral and communicated skill limitation. Resolution - be prepared
  • OpenGL and WebGL. As this is the basics of what I am going to do, I definitely need to understand them well enough. It will be a challenge, and I expect that
Since I already began reading, I only have one last words to say. Google, blog and time are my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment