Thursday, February 25, 2010

build Thunderbird

Yesterday I was trying to build Thunderbird. I try more than 10 times in three different way, and all of them have failed.

At first, I google how to build Thunderbird, and I found an instruction on Mozilla. I thought I could use the same one I build Firefox, but it is wrong. It failed. It said I don't have the mail/build.mk file.

I thought, perhaps it was because I can build it on there or is something wrong on my mozilla source. Then, I cloned the source following the instruction, and built it again. However it still fail.

on the third try, I gave up the software(TortoiseHg) I used to clone the source, and used the command line from mozilla build. I cloned the source, and run the "python client.py checkout", and build it. Everything looks good. but failed agian in some where.
To here, I don't how to go the next step. I should bring the question to class since i have the test on the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Was the tree green prior to your clone?

    http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Thunderbird

    - Aaron

    ReplyDelete