Sunday, February 28, 2010

keep failing on building thunderbird

Since last Wednesday my first try on building thunderbird(blog), it keeps failing on building thunderbird, and, now, I have total no idea why that happen.

Suggestion

I talked about that with David on Thursday class. He said he didn't know exactly why this happen. There is a funny thing that my firewall detected and removed the crash testing file 485217.xsl...
Anyway, David told me some method that may help me on my build.
ac_add_options --disable-tests // ignore all the testing when it build
make -f client build >log.txt 2>&1 // this is a remind. put all the output into a file called log.txt

What I get

Basically, I use two different way to build thunderbird.

One is I build thunderbird basic on my previous failure build. It looks like it just enter the directory, nothing to be done, leave that, again and again. Finally, it said there are "No targets specified and no makefile found", then error, error, error and exit.(screen shot)(build log)

Another way is I remove everything about thunderbird, then clone the the source code again and build. And it just pause on some point (screen shot). then I close the command line, build it again, same result as my first situation.


I have no idea what is going on and just try to build it again and again. If I still cannot get it built tonight, then, I will go to ask someone inside the community tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment