Thursday, March 18, 2010

3D text on HTML5 continue

this is the second post of the 3D text on HTML5.

How far have I reached


What is that

As you see, it is a 3D text at the top of a square and a triangle. As the same with the last one, it refers to WebGL Lesson 5 and a textdemo from glge, and plus three lines of code from WebGL Lesson 8. The square and triangle are coming from the Lesson 2 in order to highline the 3D text.

A list of my references for 3D canvas

  • WebGL Lesson series Lesson 5, Lesson 8 and Lesson 2 - actually, all the lessons that inside the WebGL are very using. They are easy understanding, great instruction and open source.
  • GLGE - a javascript library using the WebGL. They have a lot of exciting demos using WebGL. It is a good place to look at.
  • Mathematical Concepts of 3D - an guide of math from seneca game programming course.
  • a tutorial of openGL - a tutorial of openGL. i had only read the one that I linked to, but it already brought me a lot of understanding.

Next Step

The easiest is breaking someone's code. Second is writing my own code. After that, reading others codes. The most difficult is combining other people's codes with my own code and make sure didn't break anything. Now, I am going to the last step. Pushing my code in to code of processing.js. If luckily, I will be able to release the whole text() function before weekend. Otherwise, at least, I put out a 3D text() preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment