Saturday, March 6, 2010

network reconnected and thunderbird got built

The day before yesterday, people on IRC seneca channel may wonder why I asked a question and left without a answer. The reason was I lost the Internet connection after that day afternoon. Then, it continued on and off for the next two days. Looks like someone has a big TV series to download and shot the router down. I cann't stand for that and I logined in to the router, upgraded it. Well, I shouldn't do because I didn't have the permission to do so, but now the network looks like a little bit better.

Thunderbird built

As I mentioned before(post: keep-failing-on-building-thunderbird), I kept failing on building thunderbird. However, I finally built it successfully yesterday. And now, I am working on the lab.

What is reason?

It got built is not only by luck but a lot of trying. Maybe it is good for me that I lost the network connection when I asked people because the reason is pretty obvious, and I even blog that on my last post (keep-failing-on-building-thunderbird) - My firewall detected and removed the crash testing file 485217.xsl. I noticed that almost at the thirtieth time when I build it.

How does it make the build fail?

It actually doesn't make the build fail. Although you remove that file, as long as you build the thunderbird with "ac_add_options --disable-tests", it will succeed. Then why? The truth is, it fails the command "python client.py checkout". What this command does is to update Comm.Central and pull the latest Mozilla_Central. My firewall detected and removed the crash testing file 485217.xsl when that command is pulling the Mozilla_Central. After the pull, the command will update the files. At this moment, the command detected the the crash testing file 485217.xsl is missing, then it stops. and now, the mozilla_central locally is not completed. And then, I use those source code to build the thunderbird. Failure is definite.

Conclusion

Keep the network connected, ask people, keep trying and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment